How to make a proper Flowchart in a Business Presentation?
This article will be useful in your day to work requirements when you may need to explain a process. A flow chart helps to understand easier than text.
In most of the business presentations, flowcharts are used to depict the flow of information or steps to be performed. Below are some tips to make your flowchart more effective:
1) Always use arrows instead of straight lines.
2) There should be start and end to every flowchart
3) Use of connectors- try using off-page and on-page connectors where 2 different process flow are connected
4) Never cross the arrows.
5) Use a pattern- either go left to right then down and left or vice versa
6) Box sizes should be consistent in all the process flows
7) The text should be as crisp and concise as possible
8) Straighten the arrows once you are done. This is done by aligning the flows to the center, left, or right as the case may be.
9) Flow charts generally depict internal processes within the company. The process starting from outside is usually not shown and start is from the first person who is related to the process and in the organization. This actually helps to divide roles and responsibilities between different teams in the company.
10) Don’t use more than 3 colors in the flow chart.