How to choose a CA firm for articleship?
CA articleship is the crucial stage for every Chartered Accountant. The experience and knowledge gained during this period give them direction and vision to students for choosing the career option or field of specialization after qualifying CA.
While looking for a CA firm for articleship, the student should consider the following aspects:
1) To practice or do a job after qualifying. This is important to assess at the time of undergoing articleship because, if you want to practice, you need to have knowledge and experience in almost all kinds of work that a practicing Chartered Accountant does. This kind of exposure you can only get in small and medium-sized Indian CA firms. If you want to work in a company or an MNC in a job, you can go for articleship in bigger firms or in big four in the area of your interest.
2) Working hours- You need to be comfortable with the minimum working hours required in that firm as you also have to prepare yourself for the final examination.
3) Preferred location- If you have any location preference, you should think about that before you join the firm.
4) Study leave- Check whether the firm gives sufficient study leave for final exams.
5) Firm’s profile- Always check the profile of the firm before you start your articleship journey.