Chartered Accountancy Job Profiles
Chartered Accountancy as a profession assists accounting, auditing, taxation, financial, and management areas of an individual or organization. Chartered Accountants are one of the most sought-after professionals in the world of finance, who provide their services in maintaining and reviewing the financial health of a business. Chartered Accountants now have obtained important positions in public as well as private sectors.
A CA also acts as a business advisor who helps in the preparation of financial reports, securing loans, preparing financial projections, revealing how the loans will be repaid, and determining the viability of the business. The CA also helps its client to comply with tax laws and represent him before government agencies.
A number of the key responsibilities include:
- To prepare and maintain financial statements and budget
- Conduct financial audits (of the organization’s financial status)
- Provide sound financial information and advice to the client
- Advise clients on tax planning, financial risks, business acquisitions and mergers, etc
- Detect and prevent fraud and deal with financial irregularities if and when they arise
- Produce reports and recommendations following internal audits or external audits
- Advise clients on areas of business improvement