What is articleship program under the CA course?
Under ICAI’s present scheme of education & training, three years of articleship training has been designed to strike a balance between theoretical education and practical training. A student can also undergo audit training. Eight months of audit training is treated as equivalent to six months of articleship training.
The unique requirement of practical training/articled training is instrumental in shaping a well-rounded professional and also ensure that students have an opportunity to acquire on-the-job work experience of a professional nature. Such practical training:
· Inculcates a disciplined attitude for hard work.
· Develops necessary skills in applying theoretical knowledge to practical situations.
· Provides exposure to the overall socio-economic environment in which organizations operate.
· Develops ethical values.
Duration: Three years
When to start:
1. Foundation Route students can commence after completing Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) and passing either or both groups of CA Intermediate Examination.
2. For direct entrants coming through Graduation and Post-Graduation route, the practical training commences immediately after registration in Intermediate Course and completion of four weeks ICITSS.
3. Students who have passed Intermediate level Examination of the Institute of Companies Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India can commence only after completing ICITSS and passing either group or both groups of Intermediate Examination.