1. Know your audience or listener
2. Think before you speak
3. Be confident and dont look nervous even you feel like inside.
4. Answer questions with positive approach
5. Keep your sentences short and relevant. We often find ourselves short of words when we go out of context.
6. Prepare before you communicate.
7. Keep eye contact but dont stare
8. Be firm and relaxed
9. Talk to yourself in front of mirror
10. Watch talk shows and observe the way presenters speak
If you can speak well, you will get easily noticed in the crwod and may get better opportunities. Ofcorse, technical knowledge is also important, however, if you are not able to speak well, you may not get noticed or may get overlooked.