Things CA Students should learn during Articleship
Articleship is an important journey for any Chartered accountant because the training which he/she gets during this period decides his/her career path after qualifying CA. Articleship training can be undertaken in the following fields:-
1. Audit:- Internal and External audits. At the time of joining CA Articleship first area covered is vouching. Students are exposed to vouching and verification.
2. Bookkeeping and recording:- Proper filing and bookkeeping as part of accounting. Proper documentation and filing of papers and records.
3. Accounting Software:- Students get familiar with accounting software/tools like tally, I tax, and SAP. They also gain knowledge of various tools in MS Excel while doing day to day tasks.
4. Communication Skills:- Students should train themselves in communication. They should try to converse as much as possible with everyone.
5. Drafting:- This is still an important part in any student's career. CA's need to draft letter and notices for Income tax representation for clients, Registrar of Companies etc. Hence, a trainee would learn to have good drafting skills.
All the above will polish the student to be ready for office work after finishing the course.