So many of you who are preparing for CA may miss some fact about ICAI, so we are going to share with you 5 Awesome Fact about ICAI, you might don’t know.
1. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a professional accounting body of India. It was established on 1st of July 1949 as a body corporate under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 enacted by the Indian Parliament to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India.
2. ICAI is the second largest professional accounting body in the world in terms of membership with around more than 2.5 lakhs members, after American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and know doubt largest in India.
3. There is no reservation in ICAI, while acting as a body created by the parliament still there is no reservation in ICAI, Even Office bearers are selected without any reservation criteria also employees of ICAI are free from any reservation discrimination.
4. Besides Logo of ICAI which is given by Sri Aurobindo, they have their official motto song (Ya Aesh Suptaeshu Jagriti) literally means “a person who is awake in those that sleep”
5. The first chartered accountant registered with ICAI is CA Gopaldas Padamsey Kapadia in 1949.
These are some facts about ICAI You might don’t know, even if you know our purpose is to just recall awesomeness of ICAI.