Activities carried out by the ICAI Board of Studies
The Board of Studies is responsible for formulating and implementing policies and programs relating to the education of students. The mission of the Board of Studies is to provide a strong foundation of knowledge, skills, and professional values that enables them to grow as wholesome professionals and adapt to changes throughout their professional career.
The main activities carried out by the Board of Studies on a continuous basis are as follows:
- Preparation and continuous revision of comprehensive study material of all subjects prescribed for students of the Chartered Accountancy courses viz., Foundation, Intermediate Course and Final Course. Other educational inputs like Suggested Answers, Revision Test Papers, Periodical Supplements, etc. are also prepared for the students on a regular basis.
- Organizing Oral Coaching Classes, Crash Courses with the assistance of Regional Councils and Branches.
- Providing e-lectures, Video lectures and Virtual Classes on subjects through ICAI cloud campus to improve problem-solving skills.
- Publication of booklets on Personality Development, Public Speaking, Communication Skills, How to Prepare for CA Examinations, Time and Stress Management etc.
- Preparation of Web-based learning materials on selected topics of the CA Curriculum.
- Publication of the Students' Monthly Journal – 'The Chartered Accountant Student' for updating of knowledge of CA students and regular updates in the curriculum and related areas.
- Conducting Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (Information Technology and Orientation Course) and Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (Advanced Information Technology and Management & Communication Skills) through Regional Councils and their Branches.
- Organizing Seminars, Conferences, Quiz Contests and National Talent Hunt (Elocution Contest) for the students of CA Course through Regional Councils and their Branches.
- Providing technical support to various Committees, liasoning with the Students' Associations and Branches, and motivating them to organize various educational activities for the students.