ICAI Scheme of Education and Training:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India periodically reviews its scheme of education and training to remain in tandem with developments in the field of education and other changes at the national and global levels. Evolving business and changing environment also demands newer skills from the accounting professionals. ICAI, being a member body of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), has to comply with the International Education Standards [IES 1 to IES 8]. There has been a shift from the "input-based" to the "outcome-based" approach.
Accordingly, the scheme of education has been designed and implemented from July 1, 2017.
Objectives of the Scheme:
· Encouraging young talented students to have an aptitude for accounting education to make an early entry to the profession through Foundation Route.
· Encouraging graduates and other appropriately qualified students to pursue this course through Direct entry.
· Complementing theoretical education with practical training.
· Instilling technical skills through Information Technology Training under ICITSS and Advanced ICITSS.
· Instilling interpersonal and soft skills through Orientation Course and Management and Communication Skills (MCS) Course under ICITSS and Advanced ICITSS.
· Inculcating professional ethical values and attitudes among students.
· Inculcating analytical ability among the students through case studies.
· Globalizing Chartered Accountancy education through the organization of education and training abroad.